layout

Monday, May 24, 2010

3 1/2 months later....




Wow! What a busy, busy girl Iam!! I have failed to keep up with this blog, not shocking considering that some days I forget to eat lunch! These past 3 1/2 months have been a whirlwind to say the least. From going into early labor to making the biggest decision to stay home with Deacon. I will start from where I left off. Getting the nursery completed! Thank goodness I'm married to a "get it done" man!!! I will go ahead and blog about Deacon's arrival:

It all started on Thursday January 28th. I was up ALL night with cramping (which I later found out were very strong contractions.) Wes and I went to bed that night and I was up every 30 minutes to an hour with these horrific cramps. They would wake me up out of a dead sleep. I didn't really know what was going on considering I had never had a contraction before, but I knew this couldn't be normal. I was only 35 weeks pregnant!! I called my doctor's office Friday morning and talked to the nurse. She informed me that I was getting closer to my due date and everything was getting ready, therefore I was having practice contractions. Practice!!! My goodness, I'm TERRIFIED what the real thing will feel like, go ahead and give me the epidural NOW! She told me that if I had more than 6 in an hour, I needed to call back. Well...I had 7 the very first hour that I counted. She wanted Wes and I to head to the doc's office and be sure and grab our hospital bag. Ok....um....I did not have a hospital bag ready. I didn't even have my baby clothes washed! So we threw our bags together and headed to Odessa (Wes and I chose an Odessa doctor for the ORMC hospital.) I continued to have these "practice" contractions every 7 minutes or so. When we arrived at the doc's office they hooked me up to a fetal monitor. I was, in fact, having "very strong" contractions as the nurse put it. And I was dialated to a 2....I was in labor and I. was. scared. I was NOT ready for this. My baby shower was the next day, I didn't have a going home outfit for my son, and we weren't finished with our birthing classes yet! We knew that we had to have faith that God was going to take care of us and He was in control. My doctor informed me that I was too far along to completely stop my labor but they could give me a shot that would hopefully slow down my contractions. He said that I could have this shot 3 times total and that if my contractions continued then I would be giving birth. He sent Wes and I over to the hospital to check in to labor and delivery. First shot...nothing. Second shot....nothing. Third shot...they finally slowed down. They kept us in labor and delivery until I hadn't had a strong contraction for 3 hours. My doctor decided to keep me over night just to make sure the contractions were not coming back. Wes and I were transferred to the high risk pregnancy floor for the night. We settled in and attempted to get some rest. Another contraction woke me up at about 3am. I stayed quiet and let Wes sleep but counted them. They were back to 7 minutes apart. I awoke Wes and called for the nurse. She checked my cervix and I was dialated to a 3. My labor was progressing and my doctor decided to send me back to labor and delivery, this baby was coming whether we were ready or not!!We had to wait a couple of hours to get a room but once we got there I was already dialted to almost 5. EPIDURAL PLEASE!!!! Wow, what a blessing, thank goodness for epidurals!!! Wes and I finally could relax and comprehend that this baby was coming! We prayed that God would keep our son healthy and for a fast and safe delivery.
Wes and I waiting...

My mom and I right before I was about to start pushing

The best in-laws EVER

 I pushed for 15 minutes and he was out!!!! What a walk in the park! I was so blessed to have such an easy delivery. Wes was amazing, my doctor was awesome and the nurses were so helpful. It was definitely love at first sight. I could NOT believe he was here. Thank you Lord for our precious baby!!!
January 30, 2010 2:32pm
5lbs. 11 oz. and 18 1/2 in.


Our first family photo


They told us that his crying wasn't normal and they would have to take him and keep him in the nursery for evalutaion to make sure his lungs were ok. They kept him under oxygen until his breathing stabilized and monitored him over night. Wes and I went to visit him in the nursery to pray over him.


It was hard to see him hooked up to IV's and to not be able to hold him, but we had to remain strong and just pray. We were just so grateful that he was as healthy as he was and that God gave us such a beautiful little miracle! They brought him to us the next morning and we were SO excited!!! Wes finally got to hold him. I couldn't wait to nurse and bond with my baby. Oh, and we had to name him!!!

Wes holding Deacon for the first time


Aunt Kris

Uncle Landy

Kristi and Landy were the first 2 visitors after Deacon came to our room. Wes and I had decided on his first name by the time they got to the hospital but we weren't quite sure of his middle name yet. Wes and I wanted to make sure with them if it was ok that we used Landy's middle name, Chase. Landy was glowing after we asked him, such a proud uncle!

Mimi and Deacon

PaPa and Deacon

GiGi and Deacon

We were released from the hospital the next day. God is so incredible! The prayers worked and Deacon's blood sugar was stabilizing from what he was getting from me and his breathing was normal. We just couldn't be anymore thankful!!! We were ready to get home and get everyting settled. My friends went ahead and had my baby shower and WOW, we were so blessed to receive all of those wonderful gifts. We were so thankful for everything that was given to us!!!

Here are some pictures of the first month of Deacon's life:


He had a little bit of jaundice- most preemies do.

Grandads and Deacon at 2 weeks

10 days old



Deacon's first real bath!

One month with MiMi's bear

Deacon, like all newborns was very, very sleepy. He took to nursing right away and that was an incredible blessing. He gained weight properly and got bigger day by day.
At one month Deacon:
Gained is birth weight back
Recognizes Momma and Daddy's voices
Eats every 2-3 hours
Taking 4 long naps during the day
Waking twice to eat during the night
Sleeps ALOT

The second month was here before we knew it! I began a pretty strict "babywise" schedule with Deacon at around 3 weeks. He would eat, have a little wake/play time, and then sleep. This repeated itself every 3 hours. I was adament to have him on a schedule thinking about going back to work and just for my sanity as well!

Here is Deacon at 2 months:

   

Playdate with Jensen and Camron

One of his first smiles!

Two months with MiMi's bear

At two months Deacon is:
9lbs. 4oz. 21 1/2in.
Smiling like crazy
Still eating every 2-3 hours :)
Taking 4 naps during the day
Waking once to eat during the night
Spending lots of time on his tummy
Rolled over for the first time

3 months already!!! Everyday we look in wonder at this beautiful miracle that God has given us. We can't believe how our hearts have exploded with love for our precious angel.  Having him was the best thing that we have ever done and everyday is more and  more precious! We love being a little family.


BIG blue eyes

Playtime on his frog playmat

Baby Talk

Deacon found his hands!!

At 3 months Deacon is:
Continuing to eat every 2-3 hours during the day
Waking once to eat at night
Social smiling (smiling back when smiled at)
Batting at objects
Laughing out loud
Holding his head steady for long periods
Trying to sit up


1 comment:

  1. So glad you shared this! He is adorable and getting big! It is such a blessing that everything turned out well... being a mother is one of the most amazing things in the world. I am so glad you are all doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete