layout

Monday, July 26, 2010

Just keep swimming...

God is really working inside me. Over the past couple of weeks I really struggled with Deacon. I've been breastfeeding him this entire time with no supplementing. He does amazing with it. We've had a few bumps in the road, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy, right? I prayed and prayed for success with nursing throughout my pregnancy. My goal is to continue for the recommended first year of Deacon's life. I began doubting my supply a few weeks ago. I just felt like he was hungry constantly and maybe I wasn't giving him enough? I felt defeated and just really sad. I was on my kness praising the Lord for blessing the time that we had with nursing but also begging him to bless my supply. Wes and I decided that maybe supplementing wasn't such a bad idea. HORRIBLE idea- he had a bad reaction to the formula and was up for 2 nights screaming. His tummy was hurting. Throughout this time I really focused on pumping and eating oatmeal (milk stimulator.) I knew in my heart that I had to stick with it and not give up on God's plan for our family. After all, he blessed me with milk to being with and gave me the desire! A miracle happened and my supply increased. He slept great all weekend and I feel so at peace. Thank you God- I give you all of the glory. Point of all of this- we HAVE to trust our instincts as moms. We HAVE to do what feels right and what comes natural to us. I HAVE to listen to the Lord and remember that he WILL carry me through the rought patches in my life. Please know that I have nothing against moms that choose to bottle feed. Every mom does what they feel is best for their baby. I'm just so glad that I'm doing what's best for mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment