layout

Monday, December 28, 2009

Dang Placenta

I wasn't too sure about the whole 4D Sonogram thing. I had seen a couple of them and some were pretty cool but some of them looked down right SCARY. I could take or leave the 4D thing. My Hubbs on the other hand really, really wanted to do it. Of course I gave in and made the appointment to have it done at the recommended 30 weeks. Wes and I thought it would be a good idea to invite our parents to join in on the occassion. (Wes' parents live in San Angelo.) So we invited them and they were all more than ecstatic about coming. Wes' parents came down last night and followed us to Odessa this morning.  We woke up at the crack of dawn (6am.) I know, I know that's not TOO early, but you're talking about a pregnant chick who is accustomed to her recommended 10-12 hours of sleep a night! Tired or not, we were so excited to get to see our baby boy's face!! We got to Odessa and made it to the doc's office. They had me lay down and lubed my belly up with the warm gel. There he is! Weeny shot and all. "Yep, that's definitely a boy," the sono tech said. She moved on over accross my belly to his head. He had his hand up by his face. This kid must love to touch his face, the last two sonograms he has had them right there at his face! Cute or not, we couldn't get a face shot. Not to mention he had part of his face buried in my placenta! The poor sonographer tried and tried to get a good picture for 40 minutes! I stood up, danced around, turned on my left side, turned on my right side....nothing....the kid wasn't moving! I even gave him a pep talk before we even started! I got up from the table frustarted but happy that I did get to see him. Good news- we get to try 2 more times. Bad news- you gotta pay up even if he doesn't cooperate. All I know is that if he doesn't cooperate, this kid will be handed a $150 bill to be paid once he starts work at 16! Cross your fingers for tomorrow!   

No comments:

Post a Comment